Freezing Sliced Strawberries
- Wash berries and drain.
- Remove stems and slice berries
as you stem them.
- Berries can be frozen without sugar for use in pies
in other cooked desserts.
To sweeten: use ½ cup sugar to 4 cups sliced berries.
Stir and freeze immediately.
Freezing Whole Strawberries
- Wash small to medium size berries.
- Drain well on paper
- Don't remove stems.
- Place in freezer on cookie sheet - one layer at a time.
- After frozen, place berries in freezer bags.
- Use, uncapped, for ice rings and garnishings.
- Remove caps and use in fruit salads and fruit cups.